The Republic of Vanuatu is an archipelago nation and constitutes eighty-two islands in the South Pacific Ocean. This country has approximately one hundred languages, with English, French, and Bislama being the most common ones. These entire tropical islands enjoy a vibrant environment and vast cultural diversity, and the country has a strong tourism industry. Vanuatu has strong ties with Australia, New Zealand, and members of the European Union. It is a member of the Commonwealth of Nations, the World Bank, and the International Monetary Fund.
Benefits of Vanuatu Citizenship
- Fast citizenship approval: The government approves applications submitted through citizenship by investment for three to four months.
- Global mobility: Vanuatu citizens have visa-free access to over 120 countries, including the UK, European Union, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Russia.
- Tax waiver policies: Vanuatu tax policies exempt corporate taxes (on international and national scales), and the profits made are not subject to tax.
- Stable economy and family support programs: Vanuatu enjoys high-quality living standards and a tough economy. Vanuatu citizenship covers up to four members of the applicant’s dependents. If the citizenship by investment has been submitted through donating to the government’s Development Support Programme, the fees requested for each applicant are as follows:
- USD 130,000 for the primary applicant
- USD 150,000 for the principal applicant and spouse
- USD 165,000 for the principal applicant, spouse, and one of their children
- USD 180,000 for the principal applicant, spouse, and two of their children
The eligibility criteria to qualify for applying for the Citizenship by investment program offered by the Vanuatu government are as follows:
- Clean personal and criminal background
- Submitting the required documents and fulfilling the
- Paying the government submission fees
- Selecting and fulfilling the Citizenship by investment requirements asked by the government
A general scheme of the procedure is as follows:
- Apply for the pre-approval phase: This stage includes submitting the relevant pre-approval documents and paying the submission fees.
- Pre-approval confirmation phase: In this stage, you will receive a written pre-approval confirmation from the Financial Intelligence Unit issued by the government. The applicant can proceed according to these requisites, pay the entire investment amount, and submit the required documents.
- Fulfilling the requisites: In this stage, the Vanuatu Citizen Commission reviews if the Financial Intelligence Unit’s requisites are fulfilled.
- Citizenship Approval: The Vanuatu prime minister approves the applicant’s Citizenship at this stage.
- Citizenship Oath: This stage is required by the Vanuatu Government Commissioner of Oath and does not require the applicant to be present to carry out this task physically. A certificate of Citizenship will be granted immediately at this stage, while the Vanuatu passport will be issued afterwards.